In compounding, various materials are mixed and melted—generally in an extruder of some type—then pelletized. This pelletized material is subsequently processed into a finished or semi-finished part by either molding or extrusion. Most compounding is done on twin-screw extruders of either co-rotating or counter-rotating design. Other types of equipment, such as ingle-screw extruders, kneaders and mixers, can also used to compound materials. From this zone you will be able to navigate to more specific information on single- and multiple-screw compounding.
Polyethylene (PE) Compound:
light, versatile synthetic resin made from the polymerization of ethylene. Polyethylene is a member of the important family of polyolefin resins. It is the most widely used plastic in the world, being made into products ranging from clear food wrap and shopping bags to detergent bottles and automobile fuel tanks. It can also be slit or spun into synthetic fibres or modified to take on the elastic properties of a rubber.
Irrigation water and gas pipe
Polyethylene and polypropylene are two polymers, widely used in the production of various types of pipes, tape and fittings, used in various sectors of water piping, irrigation and gas piping. SISCO offers ready-to-use and one pack polyethylene and polypropylene compounds for production of all kinds of pipes, tapes, and fittings.
Marina Fajr Qeshm is supplied polyethylene and polypropylene compounds with the technically compliant with all water and irrigation standards by important grades of polyethylene and polypropylene compounds for the production of various types of pipes.
Silent pipes and fittings
Silent pipes and fittings are designed to reduce the noise created by sewage and rain water draining. An increased density in the pipe material blocks the unwanted noise created by the sewage system.
Thus, silent pipes and fittings are produced in three layers. The most outer layer is made of an impact resistant PP, the inner layer is made of a chemical and erosion resistant PP, and the middle layer is made of a sound-proof PP compound.
Marina fajr qeshm has the expertise in suppling the middle layer for these silent pipes and fittings, i.e. a sound-proof PP compound filled with minerals. Our compound meets all relevant standards and customer needs, provided at a competitive price.
– Sound insulator
– Customizable color
– Impact resistant
– Excellent processability
– Reduced waste products on pipe production process
– Low shrinkage
– Resistant against chemical substances
– Underground, above ground, and building sewage pipes and fittings
– Drainpipes and fittings
– Offshore water pipes
– Chemical waste pipes and fittings
– Urban sewage pipes and fittings
Black polyethylene compound for geo-membrane sheet
Geomembrane, geosynthetic material, is a gas, fluid and humidity barrier. Geomembrane sheets can be installed side by side and connected to each other with thermal welding. Though not 100% impermeable, geomembrane sheets are considered impermeable compared to geo-textiles, soils, and even clay.
Geomembrane sheets are either based on Polyethylene (LLDPE, HDPE, and VLDPE) or PVC. Among these HDPE is the most common due to its desirable properties, such as ample supply, high resistance against UV light, chemicals, cracks in tough environments (ESCR), high flexibility, good welding ability, and ultimately, low costs.
- Insulating Agricultural ponds and other water sources pool
- Insulating manmade lakes, ponds
- Insulating fish farms
- Insulating walls and roofs of tunnels
- Insulating water or waste channels
- Insulating medical waste disposal sites
- Insulating leaching ponds (such as copper and stone mines)
- Insulating swimming pools
- Reduce the cost of running the geomembrane pool compared with concrete or stone and cement pools
- The running time for geomembrane pools is much less than concrete pools
- Insulation of geomembrane sheets is much higher compared to other conventional coatings
- High resistance to environmental factors (such as sunlight, UV, low temperatures and etc.)
- Resistant to chemical substances
- Resistant to environmental and biological agents
- High resistance to landslides or earthquakes
- High flexibility
- Resistant algae growth
- Resistant to algae growth
Wood plastic compound (Polyethylene/ Polypropylene
Wood plastic composites are a combination of wood, plastic, and special additives. These environmentally friendly composites can be produced in a wide variety of colors, strengths, with real wood aesthetics, and are fire proof, 100% recyclable, and resistant against humidity, insects and fungi.
For this reason, wood plastics are widely used as a replacement for traditional material used in buildings (like bricks and stone), furniture (wood, MDF, steel), and auto parts.
Marina Fajr Qeshm supply wood plastic compounds according to our customers’ needs using our compounding technology, top-of-the-line laboratory facilities, technical expertise, and high quality raw material.
– Low cost
– Long life and easy maintenance
– heat, cold, and sound insulator
– resistant against insects and fungi
– environmentally friendly
– 100% recyclable
- – Decking for open spaces, poolside, bathrooms, saunas, Jacuzzis, etc.– Wall decking– Building facades, doors, stairways, and ceilings– Rooftop decking, terraces, fences, partitions, curtain blinds, etc.– Pavilions, beach shelter, car parking– Tables and benches, garden and park lights, trash and other urban furniture– Flower gardens and parks (Flower Box)– Signs / billboards
– Equipment for schools
Polypropylene reinforced with glass fiber
Using glass fiber can create a good balance between specifications and cost of polymer compounds. Thus, it is used as a reinforcing agent in polymers, especially in PP. The ultimate properties of PP reinforced with glass fiber depend on the middle phase stability of the base polymer and fiber. When cohesion between the polymer and the fiber is weak, the fiber glass cannot play the role of a reinforcing agent and the compound loses its properties. In order to optimally couple the glass fiber with the polymer matrix, it is important to use the proper coupling agent.
Marina Fajr Qeshm glass fiber reinforced PP compound addresses this concern by using a high quality coupling agent and a precise compounding process which optimizes the distribution of glass fiber in the polymer matrix.
- Mechanical strength and high modulus
- Thermal resistance with high dimensional stability
- High creep resistance
- Detergents resistant
- Automotive parts
- Electrical appliances
- Home appliances
- Chairs and office furniture